Antiques

Connect one-on-one with a verified antique expert who will answer your question

Nora
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019

More related answers
All antique experts are VERIFIED
I inherited a beaded necklace from my grandmother...possible
Judith-on-Antiques
Judith-on-Antiques, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
I inherited a beaded necklace from my grandmother...possible late 1800-early 1900. It is made up of tiny beads on black thread. The beads are mostly black but there are some turquoise and coral colors… read more
I am helping an elderly friend who has a number of jewellery
Rarewares
Rarewares, Expert Appraiser/Antiques Dealer
Hello, I am helping an elderly friend who has a number of jewellery pieces she would like to pass on. Her family have no interest. I have photos of the following pieces I could email on if you are abl… read more
This is next to last of the miscellaneous plates I've found.
Robert S.
Robert S., BA
This is next to last of the miscellaneous plates I've found. It is 9” wide. The sticker on the back says “Hand Painted China” around the outside & in the middle “Pickard with a W over the name & an A … read more
I have a china head doll that belonged to an aunt on my
Rarewares
I have a china head doll that belonged to an aunt on my father's side. She has blonde hair and blue eyes. She has the original cloth body but the clothes have been replaced as the original ones virtua… read more
I am a. My family has in its possession the mate to the
Tim in Antiques
Tim in Antiques, Fine Art and Antique Appraiser
I am a Jackson. My family has in its possession the mate to the dueling pistol used by ***** ***** in the Dickinson fuel in 1810. Andrew gave this pistol, along with a boot awl, to someone in our fami… read more
I have these old photos (along with 50 or more) that were in
Tim in Antiques
I have these old photos (along with 50 or more) that were in an old album I bought at a church auction. Are they anything?… read more
My father passed away and left me with several old items
Rarewares
My father passed away and left me with several old items that he said were antiques, however, I am having trouble finding. One item is a "antique wet bar". I also have a hand made kitchen table and ch… read more
I have a clay monkey figurine sitting with his legs crisscrossed,
Rarewares
Hi, I have a clay monkey figurine sitting with his legs crisscrossed, with his hands on what could be a drum of some sort in his lap. He has a vest on marked with an occasional painted star. The figur… read more
I have china from Hutschenreuther Hohenberg Bayern that was
Wayne, antique expert
I have china from Hutschenreuther Hohenberg Bayern that was passed down from my grandmother, who lived in Bavaria in the 1920's and 30's. It looks like it's the 100th anniversary set, although my Mom … read more
We have a coverlet that belonged to Mary Grube born in 1822.
ExpertAppraiser
ExpertAppraiser, Appraiser
We have a coverlet that belonged to Mary Grube born in 1822. Mary was my husbands great, great, great Aunt. The coverlet was made by "Carpet Weaver" Simon Riegel. (Made by S. Riegel German Township fo… read more
Beautiful Ornate Hand scrolled wooden wall cabinet antique This
Steven-R
Steven-R, Master's Degree
Beautiful Ornate Hand scrolled wooden wall cabinet antique This auction is for a cabinet that is over 100 yrs old. It is made of beautiful wood, probably cherry or black walnut. Has not been restored … read more
I have a coverlet that has symbols in the corners that say
Kim D., Certified Appraiser & Antiques Expert
I have a coverlet that has symbols in the corners that say "Excelsior J Cunningham Weaver new Hartford". It appears to have been cut in half at some point and I have both halves. Much of my family was… read more
I have an old family bible. Old and New Testament from 1847
Diane in PA
Diane in PA, Antiques Appraiser | Researcher | Seller
I have an old family bible. Old and New Testament from 1847 any idea what it might by wroth… read more
Can you appraise a woven coverlet made around 1840-1850 by
C&A Appraisals (Randi)
C&A Appraisals (Randi), Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Can you appraise a woven coverlet made around 1840-1850 by the Craig family in Decatur County, Indiana. I'm told it is likely the work of William Sr. It has his trademark courthouse builidng in the co… read more
I have an 1848 old and new testament Bible by The Amercian
Diane in PA
I have an 1848 old and new testament Bible by The Amercian Bible Society in New York and was wondering if it might be valuable. It says translated out of the original tongues on the inside cover page.… read more
I have a basswood Native American basket..It is woven, flat
LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65, Certified Antique Appraiser/ Speaker
I have a basswood Native American basket..It is woven, flat and in excellent condition that belonged to my Great Grandmother who was 100 percent Ottawa and born in Cross Village, Michigan. I also have… read more
I have two German bibles. One is dated 1724 and the other is
Diana F.
Diana F., Appraiser
I have two German bibles. One is dated 1724 and the other is 1811. On has been rebound and the other appears to have its original Leather over wood cover. Both seem to have all pages intact but niethe… read more
I have a miniature carriage clock measuring 2 high and .75
Diane in PA
I have a miniature carriage clock measuring 2" high and .75" wide with the following markings - Ateliers Juvenia a la chaux-de-fonds (suisse) et Paris Sterling Silver Inside casing looks like gold pla… read more