Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I inherited a picture painted in 1899 by Arter. It was found…

Customer Question
I inherited a picture painted...
I inherited a picture painted in 1899 by ***** ***** Arter. It was found folded in a book and framed. My mother bought it for $1.25 in the 50,s. There are 2 beautiful Japanese ladies that are totally surrounded by cherry blossoms. I know some history of the artist but can not find any reference to the painting. Is it valuable
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Antiques
12/6/2017
Antique Expert: Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary replied 7 months ago
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment. ~Nora

Please send images at your convenience.

~Nora

Hi~

There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

~Nora

I will send a picture to you next week. THANKS NORA

Great, thank you. ~Nora