Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

My wife's parents left us an 1880-1900 Nippon hand painted…

Customer Question
My name is Donald...

My name is Donald ****. My wife's parents left us an 1880-1900 Nippon hand painted sugar bow. It is a unique Blue-green color.

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

This sugar bowl was examined by a professor at Ohio Wesleyan University in March of 1978. He proclaimed it to be a very fine quality and a rare collectible because of it's unique color and how rare the piece is.

Expert's Assistant: Don't you just love the idea of finding something valuable in your attic? I do, but I think all I have up there is junk my brothers abandoned before they left home. Always a good idea to check things with the Antiques Appraiser, though. Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

We would appreciate knowing if this sugar bowl has any real value.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Antiques
12/6/2017
Antique Expert: Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser replied 7 months ago
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser

My name is Glenda,
I am reviewing your question.
I will return in just a moment.

Please send a picture, also the bottom of this.