Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have an antique Chinese cabinet that hooks with a fish but…

Customer Question
I have an antique...

I have an antique Chinese cabinet that hooks with a fish but I have lost the long flat metal key. Where can I find one

Expert's Assistant: Don't you just love the idea of finding something valuable in your attic? I do, but I think all I have up there is junk my brothers abandoned before they left home. Always a good idea to check things with the Antiques Appraiser, though. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

Lost the flat key that unlocked my old Chinese cabinet. The lock was a fish that went thru loops on the hardware and opened by inserting the flat key in lock. Hopefully you can help me,

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

Looking for a flat key to open my old Chinese chest that has a fish that fits between to loops on the chest and a flat metal hook

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Antiques
12/6/2017
Antique Expert: Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser replied 8 months ago
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser

My name is Glenda,

Send images please