Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a rocking chair I purchased in an antique store, on…

Customer Question
I have a rocking...

I have a rocking chair I purchased in an antique store, on the bottom is a tag F>H> Conant’s Sons, No 736, Camden, NY. It has a picture on the inside back of the chair, I was trying to find out anything about it

Expert's Assistant: Don't you just love the idea of finding something valuable in your attic? I do, but I think all I have up there is junk my brothers abandoned before they left home. Always a good idea to check things with the Antiques Appraiser, though. Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

I am just curious about the chair, when I purchase antiques it is because I intend to use them, I had a small space, I fell in love with the chair when I saw it. My cousin suggested I look on the bottom for anything, I just found the tag

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Antiques
12/6/2017
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 7 months ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name is ***** ***** I'd love to help.
Use the +Add Files feature next to the SEND button to upload photos of the item, including marks, labels or signatures.
The feature works best when you add ONE picture, put a word in the text box, hit send, then do the next.