Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I would like to get my 6 panel black lacquer mother of pearl…

Customer Question
I would like to...

I would like to get my 6 panel black lacquer mother of pearl with jade oriental room divider appraised

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

Its around 6 Ft high, not sure if its Chinese or Japanese, can I share a picture?

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

I have a picture if they would like

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Antiques
12/4/2017
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 7 months ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name isCustomerand I'd love to help.
Use the +Add Files feature next to the SEND button to upload photos of the item, including marks, labels or signatures.
The feature works best when you add ONE picture, put a word in the text box, hit send, then do the next.

I'd prefer not to call for $34
Let me know if you received the pics

This is a Chinese black lacquer and carved soapstone six panel coromandel screen.

The value of this piece is $800 to $1000 retail.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local) , Wanelo.com, http://www.decluttr.com,
Bonanza.com, Ioffer.com, Etsy.com,
Ebay and letgo.com (local).

You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an
auction house near you and consign to them.

Please do click the stars now for this one (bonuses are also welcome!), it is very important for me
to get good feedback for answering.

I am following up to see if you are happy with your answer.
Please do let me know by clicking the stars or typing the words thank you.