Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I am trying to find the make and pattern of my mom's china.

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to find the make and pattern of my mom's china. I don't have a name but I do have a picture of the pater from one of the plates. Is there a way for you to tell me the name and the pattern from a pcture? picture?

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

The china is old and possibly from my grandmother

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Antiques
12/3/2017
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 7 months ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help. There were no photos of the piece/set that came with your original inquiry.
Let me know if this is a service for 8, 10 or 12 plus serving pieces.
Add pictures of the pattern and the maker's mark on the bottom of one piece by using the +Add File feature.

I signed up for a $5 trial. Am I being charged $34 more now?
Are you waiting for some more information from me to answer the original question for the maker and pattern of the tea cups?

I got one photo. I need to see the bottoms of each of the the two patterns. There are marks there

that will help me. You also need to let me know how many and what kind of pieces you have in each pattern to help with value.

12 serving pieces. These were destroyed in a fire and I cannot get the picture of the bottom.

Do you mean each pattern has a place setting for 12 people?

Each pattern has dinner, salad, dessert, saucers, and tea cups for each of the two patterns. 12 place settings for each.
I am looking for the name of the maker and the pattern name plus it's value for each piece.

Thank you for the clarification. I assume you will want this for insurance purposes?

Give me some time here, this research will take a bit.

Ok, yes this is for insurance purposes and to see if we can get them replaced.

Okay, thank you for letting me know.

Since you are unable to tell me what the bottoms say, this is a large project.

I will be able to answer by tomorrow and you will get an email with my answer then.

Can I give you another pattern to look for?

Yes, I can't promise I'll be able to find these.

Are there any fragments where a bottom could be described on any?

I do not have access to the fragments at this time. maybe in 4 weeks from now. Will I be able to get any pictures to you then? Or will I need to have a month subscription?

We can let this question 'time out' (I won't get paid but that is okay).

Come back to this site when you have more information, fragments, pictures and any writing on the bottoms.

It would make my job so much quicker and easier for an accurate assessment.

When you have more info, if you can't get back to THIS question, just start a new one and ask for RAREWARES

to get me again and we'll go from there.