Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I recently acquired a 1771 copy of rev Fleetwood's Life of…

Customer Question
I recently acquired a...

I recently acquired a 1771 copy of rev John Fleetwood's Life of Christ. I have been looking online for a value but so far I am unable to find anything dated this far back.

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

I purchased the book at an auction there is no publisher listed just reads printed under the Authority of the king MDCCLXXI

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

The pages are complete, good color, the leather cover has wear from age but its intact

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Antiques
12/3/2017
Antique Expert: Doris, Personal Property Appraiser replied 9 months ago
Doris
Doris, Personal Property Appraiser
Experience: Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of City Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.

Welcome! My name is***** will be pleased to help you. Thoughtful responses take time. I am studying your question and will return shortly.

Please tell me the exact complete title.

34;The Life of our Bleffed Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ"

Thank you. Let me see what i can find.

Is there a fold-out map?

thank you for the excellent photo.

I see where it was printed for J Cooke.

See the following image.

It shows a book matching your description (but with a fold-out map) is currently for sale for $194.30.

Just because a book is old does not mean high value.

I truly wish I had better news.

How to sell books:
http://www.internetbookselling.com/sell-old-books.html

Ultimately, to obtain these retail values we assume the piece or set is in good condition and that the final value depends on sale geographic location.

In general, a private seller to a dealer, via consignment or at auction can expect 30-50% of estimated retail value.

Insurance replacement values are usually about 20% more than retail values.

I hope I have helped you.

If I can help you with further questions about this answer, please let me know before you rate me.

All my answers are quoted in USA dollars.

I endeavor to give realistic, honest answers in a timely manner.

Please do not rate me down because of system difficulty.

Please let me know if you have difficulty with the site's rating system.

To complete this transaction, please click the five stars at the top right of your screen and hit the submit button. Or you may see "review expert" or "rate expert", you can click on that.
If you using a mobile phone: scroll to the top of the page then click on Finish Rating, then click on the stars!

This allows me to be credited by JA for my Knowledge, Time and Effort.

Rating me does not cost you anything extra.

Bonuses are not required but are always appreciated.

Kind regards.

Doris

If you would like to use me on any future questions, requesting me expires in a short time. If you type "For Doris Only" as the first of three words of the question, I should be the pro that takes the question.

************************************
Hi there!

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help or do you have more questions about your item that would help?

Kind regards,
Doris

************************************