Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

My better half brought me home a painting he found in a

Customer Question
My better half brought...

My better half brought me home a painting he found in a storage locker. Picture is a painting of the ocean in a heavy gold guilt frame and just has a signature of "Rowe". I have searched all over the internet and cannot find anything about this artist (there is no first name, just signed Rowe. The frame could really do with some cleaning but havent touched it. I have found similar frames on the web, but this painter remains a mystery to me. Where do I even start looking for this person. I do have a photo of it

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

I do have a photo of it if you need to see it.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Antiques
12/3/2017
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 8 months ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

I'd like to see a photo of the signature.