Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a ever ready sign spelled in two word made in the uk…

Customer Question
I have a ever...

I have a ever ready sign spelled in two word made in the uk between 1901 and 1922 it is all original except 1 pane is missing out of back.it has been made to run on American electricity. we saw but cant find where a sign with the almost same design sold for 610.000$ can you tell us if were high. give me a number and I will send you the pictures of it thank you Marty . you can e mail me at***@******.***

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

No the pictures will tell the whole story thanks Marty

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Antiques
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/3/2017
Antique Expert: Doris, Personal Property Appraiser replied 7 months ago
Doris
Doris, Personal Property Appraiser
Experience: Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of City Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.

Welcome! My name is***** will be pleased to help you. Thoughtful responses take time. I am studying your question and will return shortly.

Thank you

Are you saying you saw a similar sign that sold for $610,000 USA dollars? If so, where?
Photos are almost always required to give an accurate assessment. If you cannot send photos, I can still work with your descriptions; however, I can give more accurate answers if I have photos.
Can you send photos?

If so, then -

Please send photos of the sign front and back.

Please send a photo of the marks and/or words on the sign.

You may need to use the macro function (flower icon) of your camera to get a good clear photo of the marks.

If you cannot get a good photo, then sketch the marks and take a photo of the sketch.

To send photos you may use the "ADD FILES" in the blue box link (next to "SEND" or "SUBMIT") on your reply page or the "paper clip" found in the toolbar you see on your reply page.
Please do not send in ZIP format. The jpg or jpeg format works best.

An explanation of this method can be found here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

I do not send pop-up offers.

Please do not try to use the site email method of sending photos without specific instructions from me.

Kind regards,
Doris

Sorry I meant 6100 dollars were do I send pictures I tried to hit phone call but it would not take thanks Marty

********************
I do not normally participate in the extra charge phone call services. I give my best answers in thoughtful writing.

Besides, you will have an assessment to print out. I did not send the pop-up ad/offer.

********************

HERE ARE THE PHOTO INSTRUCTIONS:

I do not send pop-up offers.

Kind regards,
Doris

I am sorry I don't see where I can send the pictures there is not a paper clip or anything by the submit icon thanks Marty

You do not see an ADD FILES link?

I tried to send picture to down load its not happening. So I am having problems sending. do you have a email or message number I can send them to. thanks Marty

Please send your photos the email method.

This is the official explanation of how to send photos via email:

Please follow the directions exactly or they will not get to me.

Send the picture to ***@******.*** with the following EXACT information.

In the subject line put " Pictures for˜Doris in Antiques or Appraisals."
.
In the body of the message put, your site user name and real name.
.
Make sure to send these from the same email address that you registered with

Just Answer, so they can verify who you are.

This method takes longer because the photos are sent to the Just Answer techs who must forward them to me. It sometimes takes as long as 24 hours or more.
.
They will forward them to me and as soon as I get them I will contact you.

Kind regards,

Doris

My daughter knows how to do this computer stuff. Ill have her send them to you in the morning thanks Marty

There is no hurry at this end.