Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

We have a platter, about 16x11, goldish border, and leaf…

Customer Question
We have a platter...

We have a platter, about 16x11, goldish brown border, and leaf sprig in the middle. Centered on the back is the Wedgwood logo, followed by wording Wedgwood&CE, England. It belonged to grandparents. Would like to know background and value. Thanks for any help you can give.

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

This is all the info we have. Grandparent died 1956, platter probably acquired early in the century by this immigrant couple.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Antiques
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/3/2017
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 8 months ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name is ***** ***** I'd love to help.
Use the +Add Files feature next to the SEND button to upload photos of the item, including marks, labels or signatures.
The feature works best when you add ONE picture, put a word in the text box, hit send, then do the next.

You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept;
the phone call requests don’t come from me, they’re offered by the website and I do not participate in the phone service since photos work best for this purpose.

I don't have a picture of the platter, or way to send it. Not computer savy.

An 11 x 16 English transferware

platter made by Wedgwood of England

circa 1890 to 1910 has a current value of

$80 to $100 retail.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local) , Wanelo.com, http://www.decluttr.com,
Bonanza.com, Ioffer.com, Etsy.com,
Ebay and letgo.com (local).

You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an
auction house near you and consign to them.

Please do click the stars now for this one (bonuses are also welcome!), it is very important for me
to get good feedback for answering.

When I went into this website, the blurb indicated a $5.00 good faith was asked. That is what I expect the visa bill to show - not $34 - since I do not want to participate in a membership.

The experts here are not employees of justanswer.com, experts are verified users who do not handle charges,
fees, credit cards, memberships or subscriptions in any way or form.

To end this one, please click the stars in the upper right and hit submit.
A good feedback is the only way I am separately paid by the site.
This action does not cost you anything extra.

I am following up to see if you are happy with your answer.
Please do let me know by clicking the stars or typing the words "thank you" or "yes, I am happy with my answer".