Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

We inherited a collection of mostly sub Saharan African art…

Customer Question
We inherited a collection...

We inherited a collection of mostly sub Saharan African art from a great aunt. There are so many pieces. She was in the PEace Corp , collected all herself. Who do we turn to for valuing these pieces? Some were for trade, but many were not. She lived among the indigenous people.

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

We have pictures

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Antiques
12/2/2017
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 9 months ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help. The next step would be for me to see pictures of the art,
signatures if any and back of completed framing for any writing or labels.
Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures one at a time.