Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a Hummel 22-piece Nativity set #214 circa 1951 with a…

Customer Question
I have a Hummel...

I have a Hummel 22-piece Nativity set #214 circa 1951 with a gorgeous shingled wooden Hummel stable. I believe it is the G finish but it may be the rare H finish. Can you give me an idea about what the current selling price range might be? The set includes standing camel, Holy Family, three kings, lying cow, standing donkey, seven sheep, two shepherds, three kings, two angels (lantern and lyre), adoring children (one figurine of 2 children) and one kneeling boy playing what I think is a lute. I want to sell it as a set. Mint condition with original packaging. Also have giant umbrella boy and girl.

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

The stable is really special and I'm not sure if there were a lot of them made by 1951 or if they were continued. Thank you!

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Antiques
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/1/2017
Antique Expert: Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser replied 7 months ago
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser

My name is Glenda,
I am reviewing your question.
I will return in just a moment.

This is your answer, please read entirely.
.
The Hummel 22-piece Nativity set #214 circa 1951 has an estimated value on the current market for an average of $1***-**-****.00 if sold at an auction(a local auction ) it would sell for a little less,at around $1***-**-****.00, if this were sold in a High End Antique Shop in a larger city it would sell for $1400.00 and up depending on the condition. If I were selling it I would list it for $1500.00
.
Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from.
.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Rubylane, which is a more upscale site where people sell more expensive items. There is also Tias and GoAntiques, which is on the same scale of Rubylane. There is Amazon Market Place, and of course Ebay. You can also sell on Charish, where you consign items. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! All sites can be sold from with pick up only option.
.
If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
Please ask any question you might have about your answer before rating this.
.
It was a pleasure working for you. If you have more items you need values for. Just send to "Glenda Only" I would be happy to help.
.
Glenda,
.
Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. This is the only way we get compensated for our work.They should be located top left of the page. Or you may see review expert or rate expert.
.
If using a phone you have to scroll back to the top of the page where you started, there is a box that says finish rating! Then a box opens with stars in it, then you click the stars.
.
If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

Thanks for your help. I also asked about the value of the stable and the large Umbrella Girl and Boy.

Hello

The Stable is included in the price of the Nativity, unless this is a different one besides. Sorry I missed the Umbrella Girl and Boy, that is valued at $140.00-145.00.

.
Glenda,
.
.
.

I had already searched online and found that the large Umbrella Girl is a rare piece worth more than $1,000. I also know that the stable was sold by Hummel and did not come with the standard Nativity set #214. An "expert" should certainly know more, not less, about this than I do.
I also paid an upgrade charge to receive a live phone call, then was given an incomplete and incorrect online response and told online I had to pay another $34.00 to receive a phone call, Then I was texted an app, which I would need to install on my phone to receive the info I paid for, granting this firm access to my personal info. I plan to report this firm as engaging in a scam. I think it was a mistake to give you my card number.

Hello

I am sorry I do not know what you mean about your money, I am not an employee of the justanswer site, I come to the site to answer questions that customers post there.

.

I am sorry but the Large Umbrella Girl is not valued at that price, they are being sold for prices all over the internet that are not the value. As you can see here they are not valued that high: https://www.replacements.com/webquote/hu_umg.htm

They have sold in the past 12 months for the average price I quoted to you.

.

In the Official Hummel Guide there is a Stable, as you can see here : http://www.hummelsatadiscount.com/natset12col.html?ref=lexity&_vs=google&_vm=productsearch&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIhJaHy8rp1wIVXLXACh3t_wA7EAQYAiABEgJ2k_D_BwE

As for the fees you are charged, Appraisers are not employees of the site, we do not have any knowledge of what customers are charged.

If you wish to cancel this you will need to contact customer service in order to do so.

by phone:
US/Canada 1.***-***-**** or 1-***-***-**** or 1-***-***-****