Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a Seth Mantle Clock dated 6-39 Model No. 4506 Key…

Customer Question
I have a Seth...

I have a Seth Thomas Mantle Clock dated 6-39 Model No. 4506 Key wind. Cah you help me with the valuse of this clock?

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

On the inside of the door it says"Clock movement if Tambour Case"

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

It is an arched case and is about 14 inches wide at the widest point and is about 8 !/2 inches at tallest point.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Antiques
12/1/2017
Antique Expert: Doris, Personal Property Appraiser replied 7 months ago
Doris
Doris, Personal Property Appraiser
Experience: Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of City Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.

Welcome! My name is***** will be pleased to help you. Thoughtful responses take time. I am studying your question and will return shortly.

Photos are almost always required to give an accurate assessment. If you cannot send photos, I can still work with your descriptions; however, I can give more accurate answers if I have photos.
Can you send photos?

If so, then -

Please send photos front and back.

Also, send a close-up of the dial face.

To send photos you may use the "ADD (or ATTACH) FILES" in the blue box link (next to "SEND" or "SUBMIT") on your reply page or the "paper clip" found in the toolbar you see on your reply page.
Please do not send in ZIP format. The jpg or jpeg format works best.

An explanation of this method can be found here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

I do not send pop-up offers.

Please do not try to use the site email method of sending photos without specific instructions from me.

Kind regards,
Doris

Ok, thanks. I also got a text on my phone with a wed address to go to...do I need to do that or just stay with you?
no thanks on the phone call. do I need to sent picture(s) or is information already sent enough?

********************
I do not normally participate in the extra charge phone call services. I give my best answers in thoughtful writing.

Besides, you will have an assessment to print out. I did not send the pop-up ad/offer.

********************

You can take your text then come back to this thread. Do not start a new question but respond via this thread. If you sign out, then log back into the site and this thread should appear.

Ok, THANKS, ***** ***** Ken

You are welcome.

Doris, Ken here, I just got a reciept from PayPal that I paid $48.00 to your company...what is that for? When I asked my question it ask for a $5 payment, I paid with Paypal. and got charded $48> Why and What for?

I did not charge your PayPal account. The site did.

After you are satisfied with the site charges, please return here to this thread and we can continue.

Site Charges:

We professionals are not considered employees of Just Answer, We are verified by the site to answer questions in our fields. We are considered site users just like you. Therefore we have no knowledge of or control over the finances of the site or what they charge customers.

If you wish to discuss site charges, see this link.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help

OR

Email address:

***@******.*** (send no photos - special instructions)

Or by phone:

US/Canada 1.***-***-****

Available 6am to 9pm PST

International

Australia 1800-679-634

New Zealand 0800-452-621

United Kingdom 0***-***-****

The rest of the world 1-***-***-****

Kind regards,

Doris