Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

Im trying to get information regarding an item I have that…

Customer Question
Im trying to get information...
Im trying to get information regarding an item I have that was my fathers. It is an antique carousel lantern. made by Mathews and Boucher out of Rochester NY. This is an oil lantern that was used at carousel ride,. We have been unable to find anything on this and wondered the value.
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Antiques
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/30/2017
Antique Expert: Doris, Personal Property Appraiser replied 4 months ago
Doris
Doris, Personal Property Appraiser
Experience: Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of City Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.

Welcome! My name is***** will be pleased to help you. Thoughtful responses take time. I am studying your question and will return shortly.

ok thank u.

I only see one picture of a rusty circle. Is this the back? If so, please send a picture of the front.

Does or did it originally have glass on the front and back?

I just cannot discern from the photo what this really looks like or consists of.

Welcome to Just Answer! I wanted to let you know that someone has seen your question. We thank you for your patience.

I will opt-out so that when the other Appraisals specialists go online, they will see your questions. I will not be able to respond once I opt out. Please wait to respond when another specialist contacts you.

Kind regards,

Doris

i hope i am not charged then
Antique Expert: AppraiserJM, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 4 months ago
AppraiserJM
AppraiserJM, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher

Hi, my name is*****'m a certified appraiser, and I'd be happy to help.

A couple of questions:

1) Mathews & Boucher were a hardware company in the first quarter of the 20th century. This name is ***** ***** it?

2) How do you know this fixture was from a carousel?

Sincerely,

Jennifer

The name is ***** ***** part that holds the oil. My husbands father gave this to us and he got. He said it was from a carousel and that is how the lite around the carousel. My father-in-law would have been 110 if he was alive now.

Thanks. This is definitely an unusual item. I'm going to do some research and get back to you later today.

Jennfier

I've spent over an hour trying to identify this, with no success. I'm going to opt out and let another appraiser pick up.

Jennifer

Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur