Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a six light Strass Schondelier Solitaire with

Customer Question
I have a six...

I have a six light Strass Schondelier Solitaire with Swaroski crystals. What do you feel the value range would be. Thank you, Maureen

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

It was in a house I bought that the owner had built about 30 years ago. He was a navy captain at one time stationed in Europe.

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

Yes, it was lighting by Schonbek 1870

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Antiques
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/29/2017
Antique Expert: Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary replied 8 months ago
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment. ~Nora

it is similar. The envelope which held the instructions has the number 18059 on it.
Are you able to assist me?

Thank you for checking and for your patience.

The numbers indicate a different model shape or form number. In general, if approximately the same size, chandeliers by this maker with Swarovksi crystals sell for $350 - $550 at auction. The one in the link sold for $395.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora

Phone call session started
The instructions show it is from the Schonbek Collection.

Thank you for the additional information. A Schonbek Collection piece does change the value significantly to $1500 - $2000.