Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

Please tell me who the silversmith is of a dish ring with…

Customer Question
Please tell me who...

Please tell me who the silversmith is of a dish ring with hallmarks crown Sterling Silver 925 with an unidentifiable mark before the crown. Under the Silver word 43965

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

I bought it at auction as American but I think it’s French

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

The decoration is oriental looking men and house with birds and animals and some flowers

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Antiques
11/29/2017
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 8 months ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name isCustomerand I'd love to help.
Use the +Add Files feature next to the SEND button to upload photos of the item, including marks, labels or signatures.
The feature works best when you add ONE picture, put a word in the text box, hit send, then do the next.

Let me know the size. I am not sure what you mean as dish ring. Do you mean a napkin ring?

I also need one picture of any and all marks you described.

I said it’s a dish ring. It’s not a napkin ring. Since you don’t know what a silver dish ring is I can’t see how you’re an expert and consequently can’t help me.
Please refund any charges you have made to my card.
Thanks

Your photo was cropped in so close that it is hard for me to tell what this is and the size of it.

I just need to know the size and to see the marks. The word dish ring is not a common term in silver, so

I am just asking for more info so I can be most accurate. Where I live, we call these potato rings and I need to be sure it is the same item.

We call these potato rings where I live, so that is where the confusion was.

Please do feel free to add photos of the marks so we can continue.