Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have an Ethan Allen sofa and love seat. They are 25 years…

Customer Question
I have an Ethan Allen...
I have an Ethan Allen sofa and love seat. They are 25 years old. The past ten years it has received a lot of wear by grandkids and a doggie. I was wondering about getting it reupholstered. Would it be would the trouble and the cost? There are many places on the cushions were the fabric is worn. I have the fabric number - do you think that Ethan Allen still provides the fabric? An alternative would be to clean the upholstery on the body of the sofa/love seat and then replace the cushions with new fabric? I am sending some pictures of the furniture.
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Antiques
11/29/2017
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 7 months ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

This 1990's plaid Ethan Allen loveseat is valued at

$200 as it is now and would cost $800 to $1500 to be reupholstered

with no guarantee that they still offer this fabric.

I think the better idea would be to sell this one and put that $200

towards a new or slightly less-used Ethan Allen sofa that is similar.

Some sites that I recommend for selling on your own are https://marketplace.apartmenttherapy.com/, www.loveseat.com (in CA),
Layerhome.com, Pamono.com, Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local),
Chairish.com, Ioffer.com, Furnishly.com, Deconet.com, Lushpad, Krrb.com, and letgo.com (local).
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.
They do all of the work and you get a check 14 to 45 days after the sale minus their 15% to 25% (negotiable!) commission.
***Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. Bonuses are also welcome! ***

Sorry I see it was a couch and a loveseat but only the loveseat pics came through.

The couch would of course be more to reupholster

and would have a value of $300 to $400 in this similar condition.

To end this one, please click the stars in the upper right and hit submit.
A good feedback is the only way I am paid by the site.
This action does not cost you anything extra.

I am following up to see if you are happy with your answer.
Please do let me know by clicking the stars or typing the words

"thank you" or "yes, I am happy with my answer".