Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

How to get an appraisal on old ivory carved brooch and

Customer Question
How to get an...

How to get an appraisal on old ivory carved brooch and earring set

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

Very well carved ivory set of Chinese or Japanese house or ? Looks to me around th 20s

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

Just old and very well detailed

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Antiques
11/28/2017
Antique Expert: Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary replied 7 months ago
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment. ~Nora

Please send images at your convenience.

~Nora

The brooch and earring are matching set the same detailed carving on all three . They are in an original jewelry box

Thank you for the details. Could you please provide images? ~Nora

We're images ok

Thank you for the images. Please allow me some time to look these over for you.

~Nora

Thank you for your patience.

Your vintage jewelry set with hand carved brooch and screw back earrings with Asian motif design in original box were produced in China in the 1940s.

These sets sell for $40 - $60 on today's market.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora

Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance?

Please let me know.

Sincerely,

Nora