Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a wood carving of Christ head The carvers name was…

Customer Question
I have a wood...

I have a wood carving of Christ head The carvers name was Robert Potscheider. He past away in Oct 1959 . he carvedin every usa states his masterpiece is in Art museum in Pittsburg, I am wondering is my Christ head of value /

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

The Christ head was given to my mother in law , when she took care of him after he suffered a stroke. he was a left hemiplegic. He was born in Europe January1 ,1882. carved in Switzerland ,came to this country 1906. settled in Kewaunee ,Wi .carved for Swoboda Church furniture after that he went to several different places for private carving jobs, Lacrosse Wis. Pittsburg ,Pa. New York city. In 1935 came back to Kewaunee, retired in 1949. 1959 he suffered the stroke that paralyzed his left side. My mother in law was his nurse .and for his appression gave her a Christ Head.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Antiques
11/28/2017
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 7 months ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name isCustomerand I'd love to help.
Use the +Add Files feature next to the SEND button to upload photos of the item, including marks, labels or signatures.
The feature works best when you add ONE picture, put a word in the text box, hit send, then do the next.

I have not seen any information ,about the wood carver yet ! also I am wondering what the order ID 18198994-750 is.??

I introduced myself and asked for photos of the item. You have not added those, so I have not answered yet.

The experts here are not employees of justanswer.com, experts are verified users who do not handle charges,
fees, credit cards, memberships or subscriptions in any way or form. I do not know what messages you are seeing from the site, in other words. If you are having problems viewing or adding photos, call
US/Canada 1.***-***-**** or 1-***-***-**** or 1-***-***-****.

I have not received any information ,I would like a refund .and cancel my information.