Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have roll top desk that looks to be the same as in the ad…

Customer Question
I have roll top...

I have roll top desk that looks to be the same as in the ad It has the s top with 3 drawers on the right.and 2 small drawers at the top left side.also has a row of cubby holes across the inside top .The desk has been in the family for a bout 90 years ,as far as I know..It locks and still has the key.I was offered a lot of money years ago by a funiture store.

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

It has an old oak chair that has always been with it,that swivels and rocks.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Antiques
11/28/2017
Antique Expert: Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary replied 7 months ago
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment. ~Nora

Please send images at your convenience.

~Nora

Hi~

There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

~Nora