Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a painting by Picasso of the white clown. Is it an…

Customer Question
I have a painting...

I have a painting by Picasso of the white clown. Is it an original or fake and what is it's value.

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

When I looked it up on google they gave a description of the material it was painted on, something like a very thick wood like cardboard. They also said there was some confusion about other copies of this painting.

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

It is framed and it is signed at the top of the painting. When I compared it to the painting they displayed the signature matched perfectly.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Antiques
11/27/2017
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 7 months ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help. Please add images at your convenience by using the +Add File feature next to the SEND button.

I will need to see to see pictures of the painting,
signature and any labels on the back of the completed framing. The back of a painting tells us just as much as the front sometimes.

Give me time to do some research after you add pictures.
No need to sit by the computer, you will get an email when I do respond.

This is a reproduction serigraph (silkscreen) on paper board titled Pierrot by artist PabloPicasso (Spanish, 1881-1973). The print was created in the 1960's, the art created in the 1930's, depicting a clown dressed in white holding a lasso against a green and cream orange background.

The value of this framed print is $75 to $100 retail.

To sell, try ads on these sites; http://www.masterpieceonline.com, artbrokerage.com, askart.com, artnet.com, artvalue.com, or artprice.com. Some other sites that I recommend for selling are Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local) , Wanelo.com, Bonanza.com, Ioffer.com, Etsy.com, Ebay and letgo.com (local).
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.
Please do click the stars now for this one, it is very important for me to get good feedback for answering.

I am following up to see if you are happy with your answer.
Please do let me know by clicking the stars or typing the words "thank you" or "yes, I am happy with my answer".