Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a small rocking chair with a plate that says leaven…

Customer Question
I have a small...

I have a small rocking chair with a plate that says leaven Boston mMass

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

It has its original finish I believe it is oak. It was old when it was given to me 60 yrs ago

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

It is put together with pegs? I would say it is a grandmothers rocker

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Antiques
11/27/2017
Antique Expert: Robert S., Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 7 months ago
Robert S.
Robert S., Antiques and Collectibles Researcher

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I would be glad to help with your Leavens rocker.

Could you very kindly attach a photo of it and one of the mark.

Many thanks,
Robert.

To attach photos:

(a) Just click on the "Add Files" tab and it will bring up the photos in your computer for you to select and attach here where you are typing to me.

(b) If you don't have an image in your computer, email yourself one from a smart phone, save it in you computer and proceed with (a).

Here's a link to picture attaching help if you need it.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

Is that 34$ in addition I thought it was $5 and i noticed my pay pal was $38. This is getting complicated

Many thanks for the photo of the rocker.

I notice in your follow up message you were not made fully aware of the cost of this service (if so, my apologies for that, I'm just an independent appraiser, I work 'on' but not 'for' JustAnswer). It looks like you selected a price of $38 for this question which, as you may have read, you will only be charged if and when you accept my response.

Let me know if you'd like to continue and if so, could you add a photo of the Leavens label as this will help confirm the date of the chair.

Many thanks,
Robert.