Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

Thank you for this great service and favor. My question is…

Customer Question
Hello and thank you...

Hello and thank you for this great service and favor. My question is how to wash antique quilts. Thabnks,

Expert's Assistant: Don't you just love the idea of finding something valuable in your attic? I do, but I think all I have up there is junk my brothers abandoned before they left home. Always a good idea to check things with the Antiques Appraiser, though. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

SKH

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

It might not be what this site is about - my question about washing of quilts. If you know, I am grateful for the response. If not, it is fine.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Antiques
11/26/2017
Antique Expert: Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser replied 7 months ago
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser

My name is Glenda,
I am reviewing your question.
I will return in just a moment.

Hi

This is your answer, please read entirely.
.
The best way to Wash Antique Quilts is to wash them on the Gentle Cycle on your Washing Machine, wash them in cool water with a cool rinse. Do not dry them, this can cause them to shrink. If possible it is best to lay them out flat to dry, you can turn them over from time to time if they are very thick quilts. Most antique quilts were produced with cotton fabric that is subject to shrinking if dried.

It was a pleasure working for you. If you have more items you need values for. Just send to "Glenda Only" I would be happy to help.
.
Glenda,
.
Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. This is the only way we get compensated for our work.They should be located top left of the page. Or you may see review expert or rate expert.
.
If using a phone you have to scroll back to the top of the page where you started, there is a box that says finish rating! Then a box opens with stars in it, then you click the stars.
.
If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

I'm just checking in once again to see how things are going.
.
Let me know if you still need help with this question. I strive to answer any and all questions a customer might have in order for you to have a enjoyable experience with me as an appraiser.
.
Rating the appraiser for answering your question has no cost to you, so please take a moment to rate this answer. This is the only way we get compensated by the site for our work. At no cost to you the customer.

This may be clicking the stars, rate expert or review expert.
.
If you using a mobile phone: scroll to the top of the page then click on Finish Rating, then click on the stars!

A rating is appreciated
Thank you
Glenda