Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a wingback chair that is 70 to 80 years old. it has…

Customer Question
I have a wingback...

I have a wingback chair that is 70 to 80 years old. it has been in my family the whole time. It has been reupholstered. I have no room for it and other family members do not want it so I'm going to sell it but have no idea what its worth I would appreciate any advice

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

Not that I can think of

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Antiques
11/26/2017
Antique Expert: Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser replied 9 months ago
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser

My name is Glenda,
I am reviewing your question.
I will return in just a moment.

Please send a picture of this.

The chair is at my sons house I will go over today send you a picture

That would be great thank you, you might look under the bottom to see if there is a makers name on it also.

Glenda

what nunber should I text the photos to

Hello

You will have to email them if you cannot upload them here.

.

If your message box has a blue box that says "attach file" or a paper clip icon you can use that to upload photos. If not then Click the link: for instructions on uploading images
.
ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl
.
If your pictures are on a phone, plug the phone into the computer, then you can upload to the site right from the phone, the phone will be treated as a removable drive.
.

Or you can send them like this: In an Email! This can take awhile depending on how busy they are at Just answer, they do forward them to me.
.
Send the picture to ,***@******.***, in the subject line put " Pictures for Glenda B in Antiques".
.
In the body of the message put , your user name and name.
.
Make sure to send these from the same address that you registered with just answer with , so they know who you are. If you send from a phone the email address on the phone you use has to match the email address you used to register on the justanswer site with.
.
Sometimes it can take over 24hrs, depending on how busy the site is. We the appraisers are not employees of the Just Answer site, we come to the site to answer questions, we do not work there. They get photos in from customers, they then send them to the correct departments ( categories, ) then they are forwarded to the appraisers. I have no control over how fast all of this happens. I will let you know as soon as they send them to me.
.
Glenda