Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a c. bev Hagan watercolor for sale. It measures 30" x…

Customer Question
I have a c...

I have a c. bev Hagan watercolor for sale. It measures 30" x 22". This belongs to a friend. Was a wedding present in the mid 80's and he no longer wants it. Can send a photo of it.

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

Nothing that I can think of. My friend was going to take it to a give-away place but I think it too good to do that.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Antiques
11/26/2017
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 7 months ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help. The next step would be for me to see pictures of the art,
signatures if any and back of completed framing for any writing or labels.
Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures one at a time.

This is an original late 1980's watercolor

by unlisted Canadian artist C. Bev Hagan.

I was a listed watercolor artist and author in

the 90's through 2000's and I have not heard of this

artist. This is good work, you are right, and worth

more than the $10.00 tag that it would have at a giveaway shop.

The value of this painting is $120 to $150 retail.

To sell, try ads on these sites; http://www.masterpieceonline.com, artbrokerage.com, askart.com, artnet.com, artvalue.com, or artprice.com. Some other sites that I recommend for selling are Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local) , Wanelo.com, Bonanza.com, Ioffer.com, Etsy.com, Ebay and letgo.com (local).
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.
Please do click the stars now for this one, it is very important for me to get good feedback for answering.

I am following up to see if you are happy with your answer.
Please do let me know by clicking the stars or typing the words "thank you" or "yes, I am happy with my answer".