Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a Chinese doctors lady that was puchased by my uncle…

Customer Question
I have a Chinese...

I have a Chinese doctors lady that was puchased by my uncle during the war with Vietnam and would like to know it's value.

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

He was in the Navy on tour during the 60's and picked up this item in Japan, I believe.

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

Not that I know of. She reclines on a wooden pedestal. I can send photos as needed.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Antiques
11/25/2017
Antique Expert: Doris, Personal Property Appraiser replied 9 months ago
Doris
Doris, Personal Property Appraiser
Experience: Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of City Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.

Welcome! My name is***** will be pleased to help you. Thoughtful responses take time. I am studying your question and will return shortly.

I see you state she reclines on a wood pedestal. Is she also made of wood?
Photos are almost always required to give an accurate assessment. If you cannot send photos, I can still work with your descriptions; however, I can give more accurate answers if I have photos.
Can you send photos?

If so, then -

Please send photos.

To send photos you may use the "ADD (or ATTACH) FILES" in the blue box link (next to "SEND" or "SUBMIT") on your reply page or the "paper clip" found in the toolbar you see on your reply page.
Please do not send in ZIP format. The jpg or jpeg format works best.

An explanation of this method can be found here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

I do not send pop-up offers.

Please do not try to use the site email method of sending photos without specific instructions from me.

Kind regards,
Doris