Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

Would like to know the value of a painting i purchased. R…

Customer Question
Would like to know...

Would like to know the value of a painting i purchased. R Watson 81. I believe it is a fisherman shack

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

That is all i know about it

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

Picture sits in a custom frame which measures 17 x20

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Antiques
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/25/2017
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 7 months ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help. Please add images at your convenience by using the +Add File feature
next to the SEND button.

I will need to see to see pictures of the painting,
signature and any labels on the back of the completed framing. Give me time to do some research after you add pictures.
No need to sit by the computer, you will get an email when I do respond.

Did you receive my pictures?

No, the pictures are not here.
Let's do this instead. It is slower, but easier for you.
You can email the pictures to***@******.*** with
"forCustomerquot; in the subject line of the email and they
will forward them to me (please include the link to your question page).This way takes 24-48 hours.

Robert Watson (1923 - 2004)

is a listed artist from Arizona and California

known for surreal landscapes and as an illustrator.

A similar piece by the artist recently (4/17) sold for $300 (which would represent wholesale)

at auction. (see photo)

His work sells retail in the range of $500 to $700.

To sell, try ads on these sites; http://www.masterpieceonline.com, artbrokerage.com, askart.com, artnet.com, artvalue.com, or artprice.com. Some other sites that I recommend for selling are Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local) , Wanelo.com, Bonanza.com, Ioffer.com, Etsy.com, Ebay and letgo.com (local).
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.
Please do click the stars now for this one, it is very important for me to get good feedback for answering.

I am following up to see if you are happy with your answer.
Please do let me know by clicking the stars or typing the words

"thank you" or "yes, I am happy with my answer".