Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a antique meridian Britannia company sterling silver…

Customer Question
Hello I have a...

Hello I have a antique meridian Britannia company sterling silver napkin holder with a figurine on it along with number 3 stamped twice on it

Expert's Assistant: Don't you just love the idea of finding something valuable in your attic? I do, but I think all I have up there is junk my brothers abandoned before they left home. Always a good idea to check things with the Antiques Appraiser, though. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

Would you like a photo

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

It was my grandmothers who died in died in 1950 at the A

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Antiques
The figurine appears to be an angel with her knees drawn up and praying. She is sitting in an ornate leaf
Is it possible to send photos?
11/25/2017
Antique Expert: Wayne, Auctioneer replied 7 months ago
Wayne, Auctioneer
This is Wayne I am a verified expert in antiques and I can help you with this. Please post photos of the napkin holder and any markings.
http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-0
Thanks,
Please let me know what you think, the figurine has come off but can easily put back on.
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
This is Wayne. Your piece is not sterling silver but a form of pewter called Britannia Metal.
Britannia metal (also called britannium or Britannia ware) is a specific type of pewter alloy, favoured for its silvery appearance and smooth surface. The composition is typically about 92% tin, 6% antimony, and 2% copper.
Your piece if repaired would sell for $30-50 at auction.
Thank you,
Click on the Stars*****When you read this answer.