Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a pitcher, approximately 7 inches tall 4 inches in…

Customer Question
I have a pitcher, approximately...
I have a pitcher, approximately 7 inches tall 4 inches in diameter. Predominately blue with off-white background. Scene on the side is English countryside, castles, forest scene. Bottom has a Royal Doulton England label/stamp, lion standing on a crown. Hand written in blue also is "D2533". It is in perfect condition, no chips or cracks. Would you be able to tell me approximate age and current value? Thank you. *****: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: Think I told everything that I have on it.
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Antiques
11/24/2017
Antique Expert: Doris, Personal Property Appraiser replied 7 months ago
Doris
Doris, Personal Property Appraiser
Experience: Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of City Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.

Welcome! My name is***** will be pleased to help you. Thoughtful responses take time. I am studying your question and will return shortly.

Photos are almost always required to give an accurate assessment. If you cannot send photos, I can still work with your descriptions; however, I can give more accurate answers if I have photos.
Can you send photos?

If so, then -

Please send photos of the pitcher.

Please send a photo of the marks and/or words on the bottom.

You may need to use the macro function (flower icon) of your camera to get a good clear photo of the marks.

If you cannot get a good photo, then sketch the marks and take a photo of the sketch.

To send photos you may use the "ADD FILES" in the blue box link (next to "SEND" or "SUBMIT") on your reply page or the "paper clip" found in the toolbar you see on your reply page.
Please do not send in ZIP format. The jpg or jpeg format works best.

An explanation of this method can be found here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

I do not send pop-up offers.

Please do not try to use the site email method of sending photos without specific instructions from me.

Kind regards,
Doris