Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have 3 silk paintings from 1950 when my father was in

I have 3 silk...

I have 3 silk paintings from 1950 when my father was in Japan. I would like to sell. They are all signed.

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

They are 17 1/2 by 14 1/2 in size in bamboo frames. All have color in them. 1 with 3 sale boats, 1 volcano portrait. 1 moonlit village .

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

One picture has broken glass.

11/24/2017
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help. The next step would be for me to see pictures of the art,
signatures if any and back of completed framing for any writing or labels.
Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures one at a time.

Sending photos
27390DFA-71C4-466B-A231...jpeg27390D...jpeg11F78965-FC20-4582-9EAA...jpeg11F789...jpeg4077979C-2A16-40D7-987F...jpeg407797...jpeg3C4CDFFF-BE6D-4764-8A2C...jpeg3C4CDF...jpeg

These three Japanese landscape paintings on silk in bamboo frames from

the 1950's, Tokyo, have values of $40 to $50 each on average.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local) , Wanelo.com, http://www.decluttr.com, Bonanza.com, Ioffer.com, Etsy.com,
Ebay and letgo.com (local).

You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.

Please do click the stars now for this one (bonuses are also welcome!), it is very important for me
to get good feedback for answering.

Rarewares

I really appreciate the good feedback.
I look forward to working with you again soon.

To get me again, start a new question and put "forCustomeronly" as the first words you write.
To ask a new question, you can go to your My Questions and click on "ask me a new question"
You can also 'favorite' me, that way I should show up as your personal Expert for antiques and appraisals.