Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a Lane cedar chest with serial #338090 style 44232x.

I have a Lane...

I have a Lane cedar chest with serial #338090 style 44232x. Can you give me an approximate value?

Expert's Assistant: The Expert will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the Expert can help you best.

It's be restained, has legs, a print on the front, wood scrolling.

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Expert should know?

Not at the moment.

11/24/2017
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment. ~Nora

Please send images at your convenience.

~Nora

Thank you for the images. Please allow me some time to look these over for you.

~Nora

Nora

Thank you for your patience.

Your Lane Cedar chest was made on September 8, 1933.

It is done in a Jacobean Revival style.

On today's market, this could sell for $300 - $500.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora

Is that private party value? What would a dealer pay? I texted this. Why did I pay for texting?

I can cancel the offer for you.

The estimate is based on actual past auction sales of comparables. It is the range in which an auction bidder would generally spend on such an item.

A dealer would offer only about 10% - 30% of that estimate.

~Nora

Thank you, ***** ***** you for canceling the text offer.

No problem and you are very welcome. ~Nora