Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I just paid for a person to help me decide what doll I have.

Customer Question
I just paid for a...

I just paid for a person to help me decide what doll I have. My E-mail is ******@*.*** and dolls200 . My questian is I have an unmarked Madam Alexander doll with a torn marked tag on her dress which reads Madam Alexander with part of a word torn off but the words remaining below her name is "All right reserved. Her dress is off white satin with gold trim and metal stars on all but the long skirt. It has short sleves and a metal gold braid across her her hair. Her heir is roled back on the sides with a part in the center all the way down the bace of her head and is blond. She has a closed mouth and open and close eyes. can you help me to know who she is. I am 80 years old and have her for many years. Thank you JoAnn

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Antiques
11/24/2017
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 7 months ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name is ***** ***** I'd love to help.
Use the +Add Files feature next to the SEND button to upload photos of the item, including marks, labels or signatures.
The feature works best when you add ONE picture, put a word in the text box, hit send, then do the next.

I do not participate in the phone service. I'm sure you can understand that

seeing the doll i question will be the best help in identifying what you have.

DO add photos.
If the add files feature is too confusing, let's do this instead. It is slower, but easier for you.
You can email the pictures to***@******.*** with
"for rarewares" in the subject line of the email and they
will forward them to me (please include the link to your question page).This way takes 24-48 hours.

Hi, Sorry I could not find the site to contact you. I do not know much about a computer and it will be much better to speak to you on the phone. I do have several things about the doll that I forgot to tell you and I tried to forward it to you but I could not make it send. Such as how tall and the type of snood she is wearing etc.. Please call me when you have time. I plan to be home for the next two days. Or you can leave a Number on my answering machine and I will call you at what time you would like. My # is ***-***-**** Thank you, JoAnn

I will opt-out and allow another expert to answer since I do not participate in the phone service.