Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I am in possession of a small booklet of engravings by the…

Customer Question
Greetings, I am in possession of...
Greetings,
I am in possession of a small booklet of engravings by the german engraver, Albrecht Durer and I would like to know it's potential value. Through research I was able to identify this as his, The Engraved Passion series. This booklet is roughly 6 x 8 1/8 inches, has a cover made of vellum, contains 16 religious engravings on woven paper with the engravings averaging 2 7/8 ×4 1/2 inches in size. There is some foxing on the pages but otherwise the images appear clear with heavy plate marks around the images. The only writing in this booklet is on the cover page which is in German, Die Passion Christi, with a Berlin address on the bottom of the page. I could find no date anywhere in the booklet. I have taken some photos (to the best of my ability) and am willing to provide those when requested. Thank you and I look forward to hearing from someone.
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Antiques
11/24/2017
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 8 months ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help. There were no photos of the book that came with your original inquiry.

With books, condition of cover, pages and binding is so important in value.
Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of the book, title page (publisher),
any other first few pages that might shed light on date, and any condition issues.

That's all fine and good but where did my inquiry go and how can access it?

This was your original inquiry " I am in possession of a small booklet of engravings by the german engraver, Albrecht Durer and I would like to know it's potential value. Through research I was able to identify this as his, The Engraved Passion series. This booklet is roughly 6 x 8 1/8 inches, has a cover made of vellum, contains 16 religious engravings on woven paper with the engravings averaging 2 7/8 ×4 1/2 inches in size. There is some foxing on the pages but otherwise the images appear clear with heavy plate marks around the images. The only writing in this booklet is on the cover page which is in German, Die Passion Christi, with a Berlin address on the bottom of the page. I could find no date anywhere in the booklet. I have taken some photos (to the best of my ability) and am willing to provide those when requested. Thank you and I look forward to hearing from someone."

I am asking you to add photos so that I can have a visual idea of what you have.

Nevermind