Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

Had a neighbor give me his wife's old china that was in

Customer Question
Had a neighbor give...

Had a neighbor give me his wife's old china that was in boxes with newspaper stuck to some of them. The description on the back is an M in the middle of a reef with Noritake across the top and Nippon around the bottom? Worth anything?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Antiques
11/23/2017
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 7 months ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

This is a set of Noritake of Japan china. The M represents the Morimura Brothers, the

family that started the company. A service for 12 plus some serving pieces of Noritake china dating from 1930 to 1950 (estimated) has a value of $400 to $600 retail depending on popularity of pattern.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local) , Wanelo.com, http://www.decluttr.com, Bonanza.com, Ioffer.com, Etsy.com,
Ebay and letgo.com (local).

You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.

Please do click the stars now for this one (bonuses are also welcome!), it is very important for me
to get good feedback for answering.

I am following up to see if you are happy with your answer.
Please do let me know by clicking the stars or typing the words "thank you" or "yes, I am happy with my answer".