Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a biscuit box circ 1865 with 4 markings. the first is…

Customer Question
I have a biscuit...

I have a biscuit box circ 1865 with 4 markings. the first is an A, and third is an & sign. Can't make out the second second and fourth.

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

I have a vintage SS Biscuit Box. Round straight-side body with hand-chased fluting and floral decoration, hinged lid, sitting on attached base plate and 3 cast feet.

Expert's Assistant: Don't you just love the idea of finding something valuable in your attic? I do, but I think all I have up there is junk my brothers abandoned before they left home. Always a good idea to check things with the Antiques Appraiser, though. Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

I have a SS Biscuit Box with round straight body with fluting and floral decoration, a hinged lid and sitting on an attached base plate and 3 feet. there re 3 symbols on the bottom. The first is an A, third the & sign and can't make out the second and fourth. the letters WM are scratched on the bottom. The box measures 7" dia X 7-1/2"

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Antiques
11/23/2017
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 8 months ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name is ***** ***** I'd love to help.
Use the +Add Files feature next to the SEND button to upload photos of the item, including marks, labels or signatures.
The feature works best when you add ONE picture, put a word in the text box, hit send, then do the next.

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

I do not participate in the phone service. Do add pictures at your convenience.

I specialize in silver so I could tell you what you have by seeing the item and the marks.

I got the photo of the piece, but there was not a picture of the marks.

I need to see that in order to tell you age, maker and value.

Did not know photos were required when I started all this. Is there any way I can cancel all this and not be charged?

It does not cost anything to add a picture and you were successful with the first photo.

The marks tell the whole story, though. I can give an answer without that photo if you would like,

but it would not be as accurate. Let me know.