Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I don't know lol. I have this effigy vessel I bought at tag…

Customer Question
I don't know lol ...

I don't know lol

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

I have this effigy vessel I bought at tag sale the auctioneer said it was a planter I knew that wasn't right and it intrigued me. Then I thought it might be a piece of Hopewell pottery but the Curator there said no try Central/South America so I am stumped perhaps you can help I have images

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

It is pottery. The vessel shows a hood or skin with ears the ears. Additionally, the area around the nose has whiskers and what looks like a bone pin through it

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Antiques
Having trouble with transmission this evening I live in Alaska my last reply was I found a pre-Colombian vessel that was listed as a Kudamundi that resembled but I could not find any others. Any help is greatly appreciated.
11/23/2017
Antique Expert: LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser replied 7 months ago
LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser

Hi my name is***** am a certified appraiser and would be happy to help you. Please give me some time to look this up its an offering bowl for an alter I believe and want to be certain as to the tribe. I look forward to helping you. Can you give me the measurements please .

Hi Tanya.
Nice to meet you
Thank you for your help
Heather
Approx 6 3/4 " tall-
bottom 4" wide
middle approx. 6"
spout- 2"
head 3 1/2 from ear to ear
mouth to back of head 4":
Hi Tanya,Just checking. Did you have any luck finding the tribe associated with this piece?
Thank You
Heather