Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have looked everywhere and can't find this ladle anywhere…

I have looked everywhere...

I have looked everywhere and can't find this ladle anywhere could you please help me.

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

It is a beaded soup ladle with roses on the handle it has a S on back with outward arrows on each side. On the front it has writing on the handle which is "ZUR HOCHZEIT VON SCHWESTER CLARA.

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

I really don't know much more except the translation of the words on front stands for "TO THE WEDDING BY SISTER CLARA"

11/22/2017
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment. ~Nora

Please send images at your convenience.

~Nora

Here a few of pictures.
IMG_20170906_091912.jpgIMG_201...jpgIMG_20170906_092121(1).jpgIMG_201...jpgIMG_20170906_092140.jpgIMG_201...jpgIMG_20170906_091945.jpgIMG_201...jpgIMG_20170906_091501.jpgIMG_201...jpg
I hope these help.

Thank you for the images.

Please add a photo that shows the ladle in its entirety.

~Nora

Thank you for your patience and the additional images.

This is a later 19th century, Victorian era, German alpacca silver serving ladle that was inscribed and gifted to a bride Clara upon the occasion of her wedding. Alpacca silver does not have a precious metal meltdown value like that of sterling silver.

High sale value for this is $70 on today's market.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora

Nora

Thanks for the positive rating! Much Appreciated.

I would be happy to help you with any items in the future.

When you post a new question, please feel free to add "For Nora" at the beginning of your question so as to ensure that I will be the one who answers your question for you.

Sincerely,

Nora