Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

My elderly neighbor has 2 Baker furniture loveseats

My elderly neighbor has...

My elderly neighbor has 2 Baker furniture loveseats purchased around 1976 that she would like to sell, but does not know their value. she has had them reupholstered. The cushions are down stuffed.

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

They were purchased in Chicago at the Merchandise Mart. They have the lower arms

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

She believes that they need to be reupholstered again.

11/22/2017
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

A pair of 1970's Baker furniture loveseats (needing work) have a value of $400 to $600 each. Up to $1200 each if they have Knole arms (see photo).

Some sites that I recommend for selling on your own are https://marketplace.apartmenttherapy.com/, www.loveseat.com (in CA), Layerhome.com, Pamono.com, Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local),
Chairish.com, Ioffer.com, Furnishly.com, Deconet.com, Lushpad, Krrb.com, and letgo.com (local).
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.
They do all of the work and you get a check 14 to 45 days after the sale minus their 15% to 25% (negotiable!) commission.
***Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. Bonuses are also welcome! ***

Rarewares
thank you very much

I really appreciate the good feedback.
I look forward to working with you again soon.

To get me again, start a new question and put "forCustomeronly" as the first words you write.
To ask a new question, you can go to your My Questions and click on "ask me a new question"
You can also 'favorite' me, that way I should show up as your personal Expert for antiques and appraisals.