Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a British coin. 1891/ St George and the dragon on one…

I have a British...

I have a British coin. 1891/ St George and the dragon on one side / Queen Victoria on the other side. You have a picture of it on you site. How much is it worth?

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

I don' t know anything else. It was in my father's possessions when he died and I am his heir

11/22/2017
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name is ***** ***** I'd love to help.
Use the +Add Files feature next to the SEND button to upload photos of both sides of the coin that is in your possession.
The feature works best when you add ONE picture, put a word in the text box, hit send, then do the next.

Image of coin

All three were of the date side of the coin only.

This is an 1891 Queen Victoria British silver Jubilee Head crown.

These were issued from 1887 to 1892 and have a weight of .91ounce of 92.5% silver (sterling).

The value of this coin is $57USD as an antique, melt value $14.30.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local) , Wanelo.com, http://www.decluttr.com, Bonanza.com, Ioffer.com, Etsy.com,
Ebay and letgo.com (local).

You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.

Please do click the stars now for this one (bonuses are also welcome!), it is very important for me
to get good feedback for answering.

Rarewares