Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a Rosenthal porcelain piece with Kronach Germany

Customer Question
I have a Rosenthal...

I have a Rosenthal porcelain piece with Kronach Germany under which is 3221 and under that 17 marked on the bottom - it is an oval shape about 5 inches high with a lid and has some gold looking diamonds shapes as trim

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

Along with the diamond shapes which are composed of dots spaced among a raised porcelain design - does this help? there is gold trim around the edge of the lid

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Antiques
11/21/2017
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 9 months ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name isCustomerand I'd love to help.
Use the +Add Files feature next to the SEND button to upload photos of the item, including marks, labels or signatures.
The feature works best when you add ONE picture, put a word in the text box, hit send, then do the next.

Does it look like this? (see photo)

If so, this is a Rosenthal of Kronach, Bavaria, Germany 1950's

covered candy dish in pattern number 3221/17, no pattern name,

with a current value of $35 to $40 retail.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local) , Wanelo.com, http://www.decluttr.com, Bonanza.com, Ioffer.com, Etsy.com,
Ebay and letgo.com (local).

You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.

Please do click the stars now for this one (bonuses are also welcome!), it is very important for me
to get good feedback for answering.

Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 8 months ago

I am following up to see if you are happy with your answer.
Please do let me know by clicking the stars or typing the words "thank you" or "yes, I am happy with my answer".