Antiques

Have Antique Repair Questions? Ask an Antique Appraiser

Antiques

Bottles discovered in community privy establish 1885.

Bottles discovered in community...

Bottles discovered in community privy establish 1885. Historical area of Indian Wars, Geronimo, Train station where Wyatt Earp killed the man for murdering his brother. Question? Are bottles values worth more when found in historical area?

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

Can I send photos?

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

Some, mint condition.

How long does answer take.......thank you!
11/21/2017
Erin-Marie Wallace
Erin-Marie Wallace, CEO of Rare-Era.com Appraisals & Auctions

Greetings, my name is ***** ***** I am a federally certified Fine Art and Antiques appraiser and licensed auctioneer with a Master’s degree from Sotheby’s Institute, UK. I can assist you with this evaluation. Give me a moment to compose my answer and I'll be right back.....

Looking forward to assisting you,

Erin-Marie

Thanks you....
Not near my phone at this time...

Dear Mary,

Your collection is just stunning! I love that you have left the patina on the bottles as it clearly illustrates the 'life' of these awesome old pieces of history!

I response to your question about the bottles having more value when found in an historical area... what I have found is that if you document them properly and then decided to sell them you may find a 10% increase on the average market value of the piece. I think of it as a "cherry on the top" because sometimes, this extra premium isn't realized and sometimes it is.

What I would recommend is that you write the history of how and where you dug up the bottle, if you took any photos of the privy as you were digging, include that as well. If you were planing on selling it (and I don't think you are) but if you were, most collectors like to know they are purchasing something as close to the source as possible rather than something found at a flea market or garage sale.

Would you like me to look into the current market value of the bitters bottle as well? If so, I'll ask that you upload a clearer image of the decoration, I believe it is Dr. J. Hostetter's stomach bitters but I can't quite make out all of the details.

If you are happy with just knowing how to best archive your find then I hope this impartial evaluation will be of assistance to you. If you have any additional questions, do let me know. Otherwise, please keep in mind, I only receive compensation for my answer once you have rated me positively, thus, your 5-star rating is most appreciated.

Cheers!

Erin-Marie

Thousands of Bottles were found in community privy at construction site. Demolishment (2017) of Barrio Libre in Old Pueblo now known as Tucson. No photos...
Thank you.....

Thank you for including the Wiki article, what amazing architecture and history! You are most welcome and if you have a moment please rate my service using the stars.

Most Sincerely,

Erin-Marie

Erin-Marie Wallace
Sure...
Erin-Marie Wallace
Erin-Marie Wallace