Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have three dolls from World galleries and would like to…

Customer Question
I have three dolls...

I have three dolls from World galleries and would like to know their value. They are Samatha created by Cindy Marchner and Shelley and Sean from the Summer season in 1992 Shelly is 8th edition and Sean is 7th issue, both in same outfits/

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

I wanted to know the value of three World Galleries porceline dolls I have. They are Samatha with red hair and rompers and she sits. Sean and Shelly are part of the Summer season in 1992 and are both in sailor outfits, Sean sits and Shelly is on a stand

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Antiques
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/21/2017
Antique Expert: Judith-on-Antiques, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 9 months ago
Judith-on-Antiques
Judith-on-Antiques, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher

My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help. I've been an appraiser for 29 years, and am the president of the Association of Online Appraisers.

I'm going to do some research and will get back to you in a few minutes.

Do you know who was the artist who made Shelley and Sean?

Also, do you have the orginal packaging for these dolls?

the artist who made Sean and Shelly was Kay McKee in 1981

Thanks!

Be right back.

World Galleries sold dolls made in Taiwan in the 80s and 90s. Cindy Marchner and Kay McGee were doll designers who still work for other companies.

All three of your dolls are limited edition products. They originally sold in the range of $17 - $20 each.

Today, in perfect condition with all clothing, accessories and packaging, the current retail (replacement or insurance) value of your dolls is approximately $100 each. If you were to sell them, you could expect to get the fair market (private sale or auction) value of approximately 40% of the retail amount or $40 each, depending on location and actual condition.

I hope this answer has been helpful to you. Please let me know if you'd like me to explain or expand on any of the above, I would be glad to do that.

I need your positive rating! Could you very kindly rate my services (with the stars or "accept" button), at no extra cost to you. Your positive rating is how I am credited for my work. Please click the five stars above, and then click the green button. We can still continue to communicate here on this thread after you do.

Thank you so much!

Best wishes,

Judith-on-Antiques