Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

My mother recently passed away and she has porcelain spice…

Customer Question
My mother recently passed...

My mother recently passed away and she has porcelain spice rack and canister set I know they are old are they worth anything before I toss them out

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

It is the Lenox collections

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

I have the the spice rack the clock and the cookie jar ,flour sugar coffee and tea canisters

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Antiques
11/21/2017
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 7 months ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

Lenox made a few different spice jar series from 1989 to the mid-1990s. For example, Disney, Butterfly, Village, Spice Garden, Carousel, and Cats.

All are valued the same. The rack by itself is worth $25 to $35.

A set of jars have a value of $180 to $225. The clock is worth $30.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local) , Wanelo.com, http://www.decluttr.com, Bonanza.com, Ioffer.com, Etsy.com,
Ebay and letgo.com (local).

You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.

Please do click the stars now for this one (bonuses are also welcome!), it is very important for me
to get good feedback for answering.

Feel free to add photos of the pieces and the marks on the bottom if you want a more detailed

assessment.

To end this one, please click the stars in the upper right and hit submit.
A good feedback is the only way I am paid by the site.
This action does not cost you anything extra.

Can you add photos of the jars or is this all you needed to know?

I am following up to see if you are happy with your answer.
Please do let me know by clicking the stars or typing the words

"thank you" or "yes, I am happy with my answer".