Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

My husband inherited 2 chinese vases,Dragons in gold and red…

Customer Question
My husband inherited...

My husband inherited 2 chinese vases,Dragons in gold and red on the outside. with a blue colour inside. They were given to Sir Horace Jones (Who designed the Tower Bridge) whose daughter gave them to Blanch Patch (George Bernard Shaw) secretary who gave them to my husband. I feel they maybe worth something.

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

I have two chinese vases given to Sir Horace Jones who designed the Tower Bridge, His daughter horato Jones gave them to Blanch Patch who was George Bernard Secretary she was my husbands Aunt. and Horatos;, cousin. They are gold and red dragons with a blue inside . they have markings under the base. I feel they may have some value. joan Patch.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Antiques
11/21/2017
Antique Expert: LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser replied 9 months ago
LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser

Hi my name is***** am a certified appraiser and know Asian pieces very well. I would be happy to help you. Please post photos of the vases by clicking on the add files, file upload or paperclip button and following the prompts. You may also send them by email to***@******.*** and please put forCustomerin the email so the company knows knows whom to forward them to. I would like to see the overall vase inside and outside. The bottom of the vases and close ups of the dragons if possible. This will help me in evaluating the vases. Also what are the measurements? I look forward to helping you

Please note photos by email can take up to a day to get to me however I do post back when I receive them so you know my work has begun Thank you