Antiques

Have Antique Repair Questions? Ask an Antique Appraiser

Antiques

I have a painting of a girl wearing a dress with a light

Customer Question
I have a painting of...
I have a painting of a young girl wearing a white long dress with a light blue tafeta cloak over. She is carrying a round long white basket on her left arm and shows a community in background. She wearing a large blackish hat
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: Yes, the initials on bottom left is M with an S over, or an S with the M over, it’s hard to tell
Submitted: 22 days ago.Category: Antiques
11/21/2017
Antique Expert: Doris, Antiques Appraiser replied 22 days ago
Doris
Doris, Antiques Appraiser
Experience: Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of City Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.

Welcome! My name is***** will be pleased to help you. Thoughtful responses take time. I am studying your question and will return shortly.

What size is your piece (in inches) not including the frame and mat? Please do not remove from the frame.

Photos are almost always required to give an accurate assessment.
If you cannot send photos, I can still work with your descriptions; however, I can give more accurate answers if I have photos.
Can you send photos?

If so, then -

Please send photos of the front and back of your framed piece.

Please send a photo of the signature.

You may need to use the macro function (flower icon) of your camera to get a good clear photo of the signature.

To send photos you may use the "ADD FILES" in the blue box link (next to "SEND" or "SUBMIT") on your reply page or the "paper clip" found in the toolbar you see on your reply page.
Please do not send in ZIP format. The jpg or jpeg format works best.

An explanation of this method can be found here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

I do not send pop-up offers.

Please do not try to use the site email method of sending photos without specific instructions from me.

Kind regards,
Doris

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Thank you for any idea

I need more information, please.

Please send a photo of the signature.

Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur