Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a Japanese doll and I’m glass case. The story I was…

Customer Question
I have a Japanese...

I have a Japanese doll and I’m glass case. The story I was told it was canceled a friend of the family and a burger station in Japan after the bmob was dropped and he brought this home for her. She did not have any daughters so she gave it to me when I was 11. I have not seen anything indicating who made the doll. I amstruggling in finding someone Who can provide an appraisal. I am in Kansas City Mo. suggestions.

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

The case is one is a few places where it is chipped a little. The wood stand has a chip. The doll is in good shape. I have pictures

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Antiques
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/21/2017
Antique Expert: LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser replied 8 months ago
LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser

Hi my name si Tanya I am a certified appraiser and would be happy to help you. Please post photos of the doll and any markings on her. Most of these dolls do not have any markings however some did on the base of the foot or on the inside hem of the gown. To post photos click on the add files, file upload or the paperclip and follow the prompts. Thank you If you have trouble you may also email photos to***@******.*** and put for ladytanay65 and the company will forward them on to me Thank you Tanya

please note emailing the photos can take up to a day to get to me just so you know. :)

Hi, I took her out of case and checked hiem and foot,there was nothing. She needs some care too. I can take more pictures if needed.
75658B64-27DC-4B9C-BFAD...jpeg75658B...jpegA3550F97-4CF1-46F7-901E...jpegA3550F...jpegEB38F79E-5D8B-41D7-A43D...jpegEB38F7...jpegD264522D-0AD0-4C5E-9741...jpegD26452...jpeg

Thnak you for the photos I knwo these dolls well they were brought home by many of the service men at the time for children, wives and friends. The Kimono is the difference in the dolls. This is a spring festival doll and is in the original case. This has a value of 125.00 and if you are looking to sell the doll you would see a selling value of 65-75.00 in todays market. The imperfections of damage you see is expected from the age of the doll and does not affect the value above stated.

If I have answered all your questions and helped you please rate my answer as this is how I am paid from the site. It does not cost you anything more to rate the answer it is just how I am paid from the site. Thank you.

At the top left above our post are a series of 5 stars: 1 or 2 stars are that I have not helped you in answering 3-4 I have helped you yet not completely and 5stars are I have answered you and been fully helpful. If you still have questions please allow me to help you fully before rating with the stars. I enjoy helping customers and do my best to fully answer all questions

Thank you.

you are welcome please take a moment to rate my answer also as this is how I am paid for my work. It does not cost you anything more it is strictly how the company pays me.

Antique Expert: LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser replied 7 months ago