Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have pictures from August of on Kodak picture of Apollo…

Customer Question
I have pictures from August...
I have pictures from August of 69 on Kodak picture of Apollo 11. Are they worth anything?
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Antiques
11/21/2017
Antique Expert: Doris, Personal Property Appraiser replied 5 months ago
Doris
Doris, Personal Property Appraiser
Experience: Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of City Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.

Welcome! My name is***** will be pleased to help you. Thoughtful responses take time. I am studying your question and will return shortly.

What size is your piece (in inches) not including the frame and mat? Please do not remove from the frame.

Photos are almost always required to give an accurate assessment. If you cannot send photos, I can still work with your descriptions; however, I can give more accurate answers if I have photos.
Can you send photos?

If so, then -

Please send photos of the pictures.

Please send a photo of the marks and/or words on the pictures, both front and back.

You may need to use the macro function (flower icon) of your camera to get a good clear photo of the marks.

If you cannot get a good photo, then sketch the marks and take a photo of the sketch.

To send photos you may use the "ADD FILES" in the blue box link (next to "SEND" or "SUBMIT") on your reply page or the "paper clip" found in the toolbar you see on your reply page.
Please do not send in ZIP format. The jpg or jpeg format works best.

An explanation of this method can be found here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

I do not send pop-up offers.

Please do not try to use the site email method of sending photos without specific instructions from me.

Kind regards,
Doris

I have attached the picture
3EBDD6AE-1CE9-494C-A1AC...jpeg3EBDD6...jpegCBB5907F-016F-438C-AF11...jpegCBB590...jpegA11FE9DD-EC57-4F8C-9715...jpegA11FE9...jpeg90B882B9-D1BE-4336-AEC9...jpeg90B882...jpeg1E1C4C76-9F56-4BB3-8182...jpeg1E1C4C...jpeg3977B2E4-3146-4F5C-A244...jpeg3977B2...jpegEAB75C85-98E8-45B5-9C29...jpegEAB75C...jpegA8703D87-77DE-4A8E-91D7...jpegA8703D...jpeg6177105C-4885-4211-B04F...jpeg617710...jpegB33DAAFE-2C72-4F10-B661...jpegB33DAA...jpeg51DFEDAB-5983-4A1A-BAF9...jpeg51DFED...jpeg

They did not come through at this end.

Did you use the ADD FILES link?

Please try sending them one at time.

Thank you for the first photo.

You now can send the second photo.

What size are these in inches?

These small 3x3" photos of the Apollo 11 mission to the Moon have an estimated retail value of $50-60. The much larger 8x10 or larger have sold $400 and up.

I truly wish I had better news.

If you would like to sell close to estimated retail, some ideas are:

The internet has your largest audience of buyers. Place small ads on these sites or set up your own small store on these sites.

Be sure to specify local pick up only for large items. That way the buyer would be responsible for obtaining his own insurance and transport.

These sites carry antique as well as vintage items.
Accept PayPal only.

Etsy.com - small fees-20 cents to list plus 3.5% final price.
Artfire.com

These sites are excellent and more upscale but fees are higher. I only recommend them if you have several items to sell.

Rubylane.com
Tias.com
cyberattic.com
trocadero.com
https://www.justcollecting.com/about/selling

Or your nearest CraigsList.com where you can list items for free. Accept cash only.

Ultimately, to obtain these retail values we assume the piece or set is in good condition and that the final value depends on sale geographic location.

In general, a private seller to a dealer, via consignment or at auction can expect 30-50% of estimated retail value.

Insurance replacement values are usually about 20% more than retail values.

All my answers are quoted in USA dollars.

I hope I have helped you.

If I can help you with further questions about this answer, please let me know before you rate me.

I endeavor to give realistic, honest answers in a timely manner.

Please do not rate me down because of system difficulty.

Please let me know if you have difficulty with the site's rating system.

To complete this transaction, please click the five stars at the top right of your screen and hit the submit button. Or if you see "review expert" or "rate expert", you can click on that.

If you using a mobile phone: scroll to the top of the page then click on Finish Rating, then click on the stars! This allows me to be credited by JA for my Knowledge, Time and Effort.

Rating me does not cost you anything extra.

Bonuses are not required but are always appreciated.

Kind regards.

Doris

If you would like to use me on any future questions, requesting me expires in a short time. If you type "For Doris Only" as the first of three words of the question, I should be able to help you.

************************************
Hi there!

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help or do you have more questions about your item that would help?

Kind regards,
Doris

************************************

Doris
Doris
Doris, Personal Property Appraiser