Antiques

Have Antique Repair Questions? Ask an Antique Appraiser

Antiques

Glenda only: I have an old (probably antique) chair I'd like

Glenda only: I have...
Glenda only: I have an old (probably antique) chair I'd like to have a value for. It's quite sturdy, in good repair and has a needlepoint seat that's in quite good shape for the age. I've had it for 30 plus years, my daughter had it for several years before that and had purchased at an estate sale. There are no manufacturers marks.
11/20/2017
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Experience: 40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs.Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.

Hello

Hope you are doing well

This is lovely.

It is a Mahogany Spindle and Slat Back Ladies Parlor Chair, circa: late 1800 to early 1900. Looks to be in very good condition. It has an estimated value on the current market for an average of $150.00-225.00 if sold at an auction(a local auction ) it would sell for a little less,at around $75.00-100.00 , if this were sold in a High End Antique Shop in a larger city it would sell for $150.00 and up depending on the condition. If I were selling it I would list it for $175.00

.
Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from.
.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is Amazon Market Place, and of course Ebay. You can also sell on Charish, where you consign items. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! All sites can be sold from with pick up only option.

It was a pleasure working for you.
.
Glenda,
.
Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. This is the only way we get compensated for our work.They should be located top left of the page. Or you may see review expert or rate expert.
.
If using a phone you have to scroll back to the top of the page where you started, there is a box that says finish rating! Then a box opens with stars in it, then you click the stars.
.
If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Glenda B.
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser