Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have two antique liquor decanters that I would like to…

Customer Question
I have two antique liquor...
I have two antique liquor decanters that I would like to know their values. One is a black ski boot with the top of the decanter has red, white and black striping. There is a sticker on the side of the decanter that states: Ezra Brooks 12 years old 90 proof Kentucky Straight Burbon Whisky. Bottled by Ezra Brooks Distilling company, Frankfort, KY. The bottom of the decanter states: Heritage China 1972 SN-27 Ezra Brooks. The cork is broken, half in the lid and the other part stuck at the top of the decanter. There is still some liquor in the bottle. Not sure how much but estimate at least a third is still in there.The second decanter is from Mohawk Vodka. It is a Russian man with a yellow coat, black boots and hat anddark blue pants. His hands are leaning on a gold painted sword. There are two gold painted knives on the right side if his coat. There is also a gold painted belt. The sticker in the front down by the boots states: made by Mohawk Liquor Corp, Detroit, Mich. 80 proof 4/5 qt. The bottom states: liquor bottle 185 Queen Margaret porcelain. This bottle is empty.These decanters were purchased new and have been in the family Since the early 70's. Can you give me some idea of their worth?Thank-you for any help you can provide us.My email is: ***@******.***.Sincerely,
Janell Worthington
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Antiques
11/20/2017
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 5 months ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

This is a 1972 Ezra Brooks decanter in the shape of a boot (liquor is of no value)

with a value of $20 for the decanter.

The second is a 1970's porcelain Mohawk Vodka bottle of a Russian Cossack (liquor of no value)

with a value of $15 for the decanter.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local) , Wanelo.com, http://www.decluttr.com, Bonanza.com, Ioffer.com, Etsy.com,
Ebay and letgo.com (local).

You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.

Please do click the stars now for this one (bonuses are also welcome!), it is very important for me
to get good feedback for answering.

Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 4 months ago

I am following up to see if you are happy with your answer.
Please do let me know by clicking the stars or typing the words "thank you" or "yes, I am happy with my answer".

Rarewares
Rarewares